At its essence, the karma equation always boils down to the simple phrase: Treat others as you want to be treated, and don’t treat others as you don’t want to be treated. While it’s a simple phrase to understand, putting this into practice can be a major challenge. So here are twenty ways, to generate positive karma and avoid generating negative karma.
1. Share your knowledge with someone who is curious or seeking.
2. When others gossip, don’t participate.
3. Forgive. This isn’t always easy. Try to remember that we all make mistakes. We are all evolving.
4. Give 10% of your income to good and charitable causes. This ancient practice is encouraged in many traditions to generate good karma and abundance.
5. Minimize the amount you criticize yourself and others. (Difficult, we know!)
6. Support companies that are built upon ethical and sustainable principles.
7. Practice gratitude. Tell three people why you are grateful they are in your life.
8. Don’t take what doesn’t belong to you. This includes pirated videos, software and music.
9. Be sure to give credit to the people who are involved in your success. And be sure not to take the credit for work others have done.
10. Donate one hour a week to make a positive impact in the world. This could be through volunteer work or spending time with someone in need.
11. Honor your commitments. If you have committed to something or given your word, make sure you follow through.
12. Keep your promises. Don’t promise something you can’t do.
13.Celebrate the success of others around you. Then, you are entitled to the same support and celebration with your own success.
14. Avoid lying or deceiving others. Be honest, but also try to find a kind way to be honest.
15. Research the food you buy. Be sure to buy products that are grown or harvested without doing harm.
16. Don’t let the opportunity to give someone a compliment pass you by. Encourage, support and compliment others around you.
17. Be careful of arrogance and pride. Notice when you feel “better” than others, and make an effort to practice humility and grace.
18. Spend five minutes in meditation sending energies of healing and love to people who are suffering.
19. Be helpful. With your partner, your parents, your children, your friends.
20. Watch your thoughts. We may think our thoughts are harmless. But, think again! What we think dispels negative or positive energy in our own body and the environment around us. So, think kindly about yourself and others.
There you are, 20 ways to attract good karma. If you have any additions to our list, please leave a comment.