Getting the most out of make-up can be a tricky business, which is why we asked beauty expert and area manager of Rituals USA Stephanie Nickens for five top tips to perfect your look. Read on and then watch the tutorial to master your make-up routine.
1) To create a smoky eye in five minutes, apply a thick later of Star Secret eye pencil to the top lip. Smudge until it fades into the crease. Apply another layer to the bottom lash line using the dash technique, then smudge. Apply Gold Glitter eyeshadow to the top and bottom lash line and Nude to the tear duct. Finish the look with two coats of Perfection mascara.
2) For the winged eyeliner look, gently press on your lid to expose the notch above your lash line where you will apply the base of the liner. Work from the outside to the centre, then from the inner corner back to the centre. Once the rim of the eye is perfectly lined, you can use the tip of the liner to begin the wing. Use the tail of your eyebrow as a guide to where your wing will end. Hold the tip at a 45 degree angle and connect to the already-lined rim. Continue this motion until you have a smooth line. If you make a mistake, simply use a cotton swab doused in the mild eye make-up remover to perfect the wing.
3) Your hands and fingers are your best friends when it comes to natural make-up application. To apply foundation, pump it into the palms of your hands and rub them together, then gently work it onto the skin until it looks even. Use your fingers to smooth it out under the eyes. Your ring finger is perfect for applying metallic eyeshadow to the lid.
4) For a lovely and subtle glow, smile and apply highlighter to the top of the apples of your cheeks in an upward motion. Frame the cupid’s bow, then sweep under the brow and the bridge of the nose.
5) During the summer when you want less coverage and a natural glow, create your own tinted moisturizer. Mix a few pumps of your favourite foundation with a lightweight moisturizer, then use a flat brush to apply from the centre of the face outward.
Watch the tutorial featuring beauty guru Stephanie Nickens for even more beauty hints and create your own make-up ritual.
Want to get to know more about make-up and creating a new look?
Take a look around and shop your new look.