“The opportunity to find wonder in the midst of our everyday lives, transforms the agony of the struggle into the adventure of becoming.”
– Kim Thomas
All the ordinary things we do on a daily basis like having breakfast, taking a shower and going to work can become tedious and uneventful. It gives you a lot more pleasure and excitement if you do them a little differently. By doing so, you focus on what you’re doing which anchors you more in the present. A little bit of mindfulness while doing mundane things can actually make make a difference so give it a try and see if it makes you happy.
– Taking a shower or bath at night? Leave the lights off and light some candles instead.
– You normally brush your teeth with your right hand? Use your left hand.
– Don’t make a routine out of coming home from work, having dinner, and crashing on the sofa to watch tv. Instead force yourself to do something differently each night. Read a book, go for a walk: alone or together, listen to music, write in your diary. The list is virtually endless.
– Make a to-do list every morning. Keep it real, so only write down things that you can actually achieve. At the end of the day you’ll feel pretty good about yourself having checked off things of your list.
– Right before you hop into bed try to retrace your day and find gratitude for all the good things that happened to you.
What are your daily rituals?
Share your happy moments with us with on Instagram tag with #myrituals