Tofu is rich in protein, making it a great alternative to meat. Although it contains fewer vitamins, it is a great source of minerals. When you combine it with spinach and chickpeas like in this dish, you’ll get all the nutrition you need.
Recipe for 2-3 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 200 g spinach
- 200 g tofu (packed by block), crumbled
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 200 g chickpeas, strained
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- small handful of finely chopped parsley
1. Heat the olive oil and stir the onion in it for a few minutes until starts to become translucent.
2. Add the garlic and spinach and then the crumbled tofu. Stir for around five minutes on high heat until the spinach has shrunk and the tofu is a little coloured.
3. Stir the chickpeas through the tofu, and add the spices: turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything together well for around a minute, until all the flavours are mixed and the chickpeas are warm