Start your day Zen with these 12 easy Sun Salutation yoga poses.
- Stand with both feet touching and balance your weight equally on both feet. As you breathe in, bring your arms together, palm to palm in front of your chest.
- Breathing in, raise your arms upward. Stretch your arms above your head.
- Bend forward until your hands are in line with your feet while exhaling.
- Breathing in, push your right leg back, as far back as possible. Bring the right knee to the floor and look up.
- As you breathe in, push the left leg back and bring the whole body in a straight line.
- Gently bring your knees down to the floor and exhale.
- Slide forward and raise your chest. Bend backward as far as possible while straightening your arms. Look up.
- Lift your hips up, chest downwards in an ‘inverted V’ posture while breathing out.
- Bring the right foot forward in between your hands, left knee down to the floor, press the hips down and look up. Inhale.
- Breathing out, bring your left foot forward. Keep the palms on the floor. You may bend your knees, if that is easier.
- Slowly rise up, straightening your back into a standing pose. Bend backward, stretching your arm above your head. Inhale.
- As you exhale, straighten the body, bring down your arms and relax.